Friday 28 November 2014

Strength log for Friday, November 28th

Worked everything this week, so I decide to do some power snatch and overhead squat work.

Did mobility first and stretched everything.  Back, glutes, ankles, shoulders, aductors, the works.

Was having trouble getting a stable bottom postion.  Seb helped me out, suggesting getting into an above parallel squat position to work the position before lowering down, and that seemed to work really well.  I'll try doing more of that.

After than I focused on power snatch, and got up to 125# fairly easily (my current PR).

Tried for 135#, a step closer to that elusive 140# goal. But couldn't get it.

I told Seb about my 2 year old 140# goal, and he said go for it.  So with him at my side I added another 5# and gave it a go.

Came so close. Tried 3 times.  No doubt I could've hit 130#, maybe even 135# given what I did at 140#.

Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment