Tuesday 4 November 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, November 4th

Epic day at Crossfit.

Ironically, the day after physio, where I went in worried about my back and told not to worry, my back feels fine today.  Not perfect, but better than it has in ages.

Still did some bretzels and lazy push ups after rowing 500m to warm up.

Started with a barbell complex: 1 power clean, 1 hang power clean, 2 push press.

Worked up to 155# for 4 sets. Happy with that. 

Did a couple more bretzels and lazy push ups before the WOD.

Today we revisited 14.2  
In 3 minutes perform 2 rounds of
- 10 overhead squats @ 95#
- 10 chest to bar pull ups.
At the end of 3:00 if you have finished the 2 rounds you have 3 minutes to do 2 rounds of
- 12 overhead squats @ 95#
- 12 chest to bar pull ups

You must wait until the 3 minute interval is finished before starting the next interval.  If you don't make the first cut off, keeping going making it a 6:00 AMRAP at the very least.

During the Open in March I did this workout twice. First time I took 13 attempts to get a single overhead squat.  The second I took 10 attempts to get 7 overhead squats.

We revisited in July and I was unable to get a single squat going so I opted for scaled (front squats and regular pull ups).

Thanks in part to the recent physio work I've been doing for my back and hips, today I took 10 attempts and hit 10 overhead squats in less than a minute completely unbroken!  I did 10 chest to bar pull ups in sets of 5, with just under 1:30 left.  No way I'd finish the 2 rounds as round 1 took everything I had and took more than half the time allowed. Especially when I tried to do the next set of OHS.  Wow, I managed 3 reps in four attempts and I knew that was it. Switched to scaled (front squats and regular pull ups) and got an additional 27 reps.

So from a 7 rep PR to a 23 rep PR.  Pretty stoked.  10 unbroken OHS at 95#, that isn't in my regular play book. 

So total 50 reps.  Can't be anything but happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment