Monday 10 November 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, November 10th

Now that was a Monday workout I could get behind.

Started with a snatch complex:  2 x snatch from high hang, 1 x snatch from low hang, 1 snatch from the floor (touch and go) 

6 sets of the above.

Did 2 at 65# and 4 at 95#.

Wasn't getting low enough in my split, but caught it in the slot almost everytime.

I'm starting to look forward to working on my Olympic lifts more.  Soon.

Next we did 8 sets of 3 back squats at 60% of max: Felt strong enough to use 60% of my actual max plus a bit more, 185#  (62% of 295#)

Went really well.  Good base building for starting up next week with squat work.

WOD was a 12 min AMRAP with a chipper cash in:
- 45 cal row
- 35 double unders
- 25 box jumps
- 15 burpees
with time remaining do AMRAP of :
- 10 toes to bar
- 30 double unders

Only the AMRAP of the last two items counted for you score.

Row went fine.  Focused on keeping my knees inline with my hips and ankles, I find I get more power that way, unlike spreading my knees in a squat.

Double unders were lame as usual.  Then out of the blue I get a string of 12. So they weren't a complete disaster. 

Box jump were a bit slow, but systematic, like the burpees.   Finished with around 6 minutes left.

T2B were a bit harder than expected, surprisingly so.

Double unders again, struggled but then got a good string. 

Made it back to the t2b and started the double unders. Finished with 1 full round and 18 reps.

I'll take it.  At least I wasn't exhausted, felt energized.

No comments:

Post a Comment