Wednesday 19 November 2014

Physio log for Wednesday, November 19th

Green light given to resume squats and dead lifts.

As expected, my devotion to my homework has paid off.  Next weakness revealed, which was technically already known but was made irrelevant until the greater weakness was corrected, aka now.

My new stretch look like this: 


But I sag my bodyweight into the knee on the ground, to push my hip into the capsule then bring my body in the direction of my head to open up the hip a bit then lean towards the bent hip to stretch the glute while forcing the hip into the capsule.  All while pulling with my abs to tilt my pelvis like doing an crunch with my abs.

Sucks.  Need to accumulate 2 minutes in this position.

Also got some greate Oly lifting drill that Rob's associate Dominique learned at a movement seminar.   Basically overhead squats and dead lifts in minimal shoes with all except the ball of your foot on a plate, preventing you fore foot from touching the ground. Looks incredibly difficult.

Can't wait to try them out.  I also need to spend some time in a handstand hold to work my scapular muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment