Monday 3 November 2014

Strength and mobility log for Monday, November 3rd

Since my new homework was fresh in my mind, I jumped on that at the Y at noon.

Two side lying drill to activate the right glute and the left aductor plus the new one feet together knees together squat with flexed lumbar (pelvic tilt).  Need more ankle flexibility.  No problem in my lifting shoes, but I have to do them barefoot.

I didn't do my bretzels or upward dog, not sure why, I guess my mind was busy with the new exercises and I was eager to get to my strength work.

Strict press on the menu.  Goal was to do 3 heavy singles or 1 triple at 135# (93% of max).

First two went up nicely, third was a bit of a fight.  Felt good about it.

That is until I read last Monday's log and I realize I did the wrong workout! Crap.

Was supposed to do 3 sets of 3 at 90%  or 130#.

New plan.  Wednesday: bench.  Friday, strict press  3x3 at 130#.  Next Monday 3 heavy singles at 140#, following week, new max attempt at 150#.

Salvageable.

Now if I can just remember that for next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment