Friday 14 November 2014

Crossfit log for Friday, November 14th

Last workout of the week, thank goondess.

3 rep max push press.  But.  There's a but.  Your heels must stay in contact with the floor.

That makes it really hard.

Worked with Kamil.  We started with 95#, then 115# and 135#.  So far so good.  It was looking like a strict press with a slow drive.

I had hoped to hit 165#, but when Kamil struggled at 155#, I re-evaluated. 

I got 155#, but barely, the press out on the last rep was slow and shaky, but it went up.

Scaled back to 145# and Kamil got his 3 reps.  I knew I was done, but I put 165# and tried without worrying about my heels and it was way easier.

Kamil tried 155# again, but I had started setting up for the WOD and didn't see if he made it or not.

WOD was rough.

3 rounds for time
- 10 front squats at 185#
- 20 chest to bar pull ups
- 50 double unders.

185# was a nonstarter, I might be able to clean that on the first round but that would be it.

I was going to try 155# (and I really wish I had) but settled on 135# since I saw Kamil was doing that.   I was able to go unbroken, with great effort on all three rounds.

Scaling for the pull ups were first half the CTB to 10 reps, then regular pull ups 20 reps, if that was a no do half the regular pull ups and add a band if needed.

I jokingly said I'd do all three scales (10 CTB round 1, 20 pull ups round 2 and 10 pull ups round 3).

I almost did that, started with 10 CTB, which I was glad to be able to do, but it was too taxing. The last two rounds I did 20 regular pull ups. All unbroken.  Happy with that.

Double unders were a struggle as usual, but I got more streaks of 10 - 15 than I have recently, so bonus.


Finished in 13:40. 

No comments:

Post a Comment