Thursday 20 November 2014

Crossfit log for Thursday, November 20th

Yet another workout I had to take a picture of it because I wasn't sure I'd be able to remember it all.

Strength was a clean, press and jerk complex:

1 clean + 2 push press + 1 jerk    4 sets max weight possible to maintain for 4 sets.   Rest as needed.

Planned on 155# and I was bang on.  Might have been able to go a bit heavier but the push presses would have really sucked.

The WOD was a 15 min workout with a long cash-in and a short AMRAP with whatever time was left.

- 50 calorie row
- 40 double unders
- 30 box jumps  24"/20"
- 20 front squats  115#/75#
- 10 handstand push ups

AMRAP remaining time:
- 4 toes to bar
- 6 cleans 115#/ 75#
- 8 wall balls 20#/14#

Yeah.

Row took 3 minutes.  54 pulls. Two first pulls didn't register any calories, then 1 calorie per pull until 30cal where pull #31 didn't increase the calorie count. Again at 40 calories, lost another one.   Kamil, who rows a lot, got off the rower maybe 15 seconds ahead of me.

Double unders, well, you can guess.  A couple of strings of 10-12 saved the day, mostly 4 or less.  Many false starts.

Box jumps, slow and steady.

Front squats  did 5, and planned to do 3 more sets of 5, but in the second set I just kept going to 8, and finished off with 7.

Sadly only managed 5 hspu, my only scale of the workout.

Started the AMRAP with less than 4 minutes left.  4 t2b, no problem, 6 cleans, not fun.  Coming out of the bottom sucked.  Wall balls went okay. 

The cleans had taken the wind out of my sails, took everything I had to get the last 3 t2b before the time was up.

Good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment