Monday 3 November 2014

Crossfit and Physio log for Monday, November 3rd

Even with the time change, still struggled to roll out of bed at 5:00 this morning.

Still taking it easy on my back.  Well trying to.

We did 3 rep max back squat, but I stopped at 225# despite wanted to go heavier. 

I paused the first rep in the bottom for 30 seconds, working the bottom position. Getting pretty deep.

Then it was 4 sets of 3 dead lifts,  which are harder on my back than squats.  I settle on 185# and even that felt hard.

The WOD was a 21-15-9 triplet of
- toes to bar
- box jumps 24" box
- dead lifts @ 155#

I scaled to 135# using 35# plates with 10# added in case I needed to scale further. 

Ended up not peeling the 10s, but I'm not 100% sure it was wise.

Finished in 12:20.   Was steady and systematic.  t2b are really good until they fall completely apart. 

Done is done.

Physio afterwards.  Rob is happy with my progress.  He's not too worried about the continued discomfort in my back, according to him, soft tissue takes 6 to 8 weeks to heal and I'm on week 4.  (Which works out nicely with my current strength program, I should be able to start up in the next cycle).

I've graduated to the next level of homework for my glute/aductor activation. I'll see if I can find videos for these.

Needled my erectors, glutes and hip as well as my piriformis on the right, once again a bolt of electricity right down to my foot.  Freaky. 

Couple more weeks of homework and hopefully that will be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment