Monday 24 November 2014

Strength log for Monday, November 24th

Was supposed to do strict press PR attempt, but after the overhead squats and snatches this morning, I decided at the last minute to go with back squats and either do the press workout on a day I bail on Crossfit, or we have minimal overhead work that day.

We'll see.

So back squats.  Plan is to hit 3 sets of 5 at 80% of max.   So 235#, but I had to put a little extra and made it 240#.  Don't know why.  Well I do, the last two workouts I rounded up generously and was happy with the results.

This pattern held today.

Worked up rather quickly with 95#, 135#, 185# and 205#, then jumped to 240#

All three sets were up/down.  Nice and deep.  I remember one rep where I went forward onto my toes, but that was only once, everything else was gold.

Happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment