Wednesday 5 November 2014

Strength log for Wednesday, November 5th

Bring your kid to work day meant bring you kid to the Y at lunch day for me.

She warmed up on the treadmill while I did my physio homework.

We had a great time working on cleans. 

I wanted to give Clarisse a chance to try cleaning 65#. This is a key weight for working out at home since the lightest bar I can set from the floor is 65# (10# plates plus 45# bar).

So unless we work from the hang, 65# is bare minimum.

She cleaned 65# like it was nothing. So naturally she wanted more.  We did clean plus front squat.  Still easy.  So tried 70#.  Bam.  Even adding the front squat.

This time, after the squat she said that was hard.  But she still wanted to try 75#. So we did.  And she nailed it.  No front squat this time but still awesome.

I made her do it again so I could film it.  Nailed it again. Her catch was a bit off on the second, but it was a solid clean. 

She went off to work on some of the machines while I did bench.

After this morning's dips I wasn't feeling 100%, the goal of 3 reps at 215# didn't happen.  Struggled at 205# so I called it a day.

Really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment