Tuesday 11 November 2014

Crossfit log for Tuesday, November 11th

Happy with my workout today.

Except the close grip bench we started with. I really don't like close grip.

4 sets of 3 constant weight.

Worked with Kamil and I figured we'd get up to 185# or 195# for triples, and jokingly he said: 205# it is.

Well we warmed up with 95# and 135# and jumped to 185#. That wasn't happening!

I really struggled to get three, had to lift my butt off the bench to do it.  Kamil got one and said: nope.

So we peeled back to 155# and that was way better. He stayed there and I added a couple of fives for 165#. 

The WOD was crazy
10 rounds of
- Shoulder to overhead (push press or push jerk) 115#
- Pull ups
- Box jumps  30" box
10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10
5 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 5

So decreasing reps in the STO and increasing pull ups.

I committed to doing Rx however long it took.  It wasn't til I started the the notion of going unbroken occured to me. The pull ups wouldn't be an issue, but the STO might.

The first 10 went really well. Even the 9 went well. 8 was harder but I rested in the rack position after 6. At that point I knew I could do it. My breaks were a bit longer the the others but I had my plan.

I did it, in 15:45 completely unbroken.  Gotta be happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment