Monday 24 November 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, November 24th

Got to bed a bit late last night + Ate like crap all weekend = really didn't want to get out of bed this morning.

Clearly I did anyway and naturally I'm glad I did.

Once again we worked overhead squats, in a 4 sets of 3 format.

Warmed up as best I could. Working with Kamil we started out at 95#, that went well.

He upped it to 115#,  I really struggled, got 2 and the third just wasn't deep enough.  It was so hard to stabilize the shoulders, I went back down to 95# after that.  Which was nice because I could count my last warm up set as a working set. Ha.

After that we did snatch grip dead lifts  4 sets of 4.  Did 155# happy with that.

The WOD was only 2 rounds but wow.  20 minute cap.

- 10 snatches @ 115#  (yeah, scaled to 75# after putting my shoulder through the wringer on the squats).
- 20 dumbbell snatches  70# (yeah scaled to 50#)
- 30 wall balls 20#
- 40 double unders

Almost didn't make the cut off.  Snatches were okay, some were pretty wobbly. Dumbbell snatches were tedious.

Wall balls went really well, 15 and 15, really quick.

Double unders were a disaster. Kept missing, must've got 7 failed attempt in a row.  My level of frustration was really really high.  Somehow managed to get through them.

Round 2, the snatches were much nicer, solid.  Did 5 the a break then 4 and 1.

Dumbbell snatches were the same, wall balls too, 15 and 15, nice and quick. The break between the sets was a bit longer.

With time running out, I got my double unders together enough to finished with 4 seconds left.  19:56.

Ugh.  I hate double unders.


No comments:

Post a Comment