Monday 17 November 2014

Crossfit log for Monday, November 17th

Today started innocently enough.

2 power cleans + 1 jerk  time 4 working up to a heavy set.

Did 145#, 155#, 165# and 165#

I tend to go up on my toes when I clean, but if I try to stay on my heels, I have no power. 

Jerks were good except the third, which is why I stayed at 165# for the fourth (which was the best one of all 4).

After that: dead lifts.   3 sets of 4.  Did the same weight as the 4 sets of 2.  Not a problem at 275#.  Dead lift is coming along nicely, post injury.

The WOD was possibly the hardest thing I've ever done.

21-15-9:
-overhead squats  115# (scaled to 95#)
-burpees of bar

- 1 rope climb after each round.

My dilemma is this.  I need my good lifting shoes with a 1" heel to do OHS, but I don't like to jump around in them doing burpees with their hard wooden soles, and climbing a rope in them is  a non-starter.

Can't switch shoes each round, so my only real option is to attempt OHS with my Lift-trainers with only  a 3/4" heel.

I shocked myself when I actually pull off 10 OHS, at a scaled 95#, in them.  According to the coach afterwards, the first ones were nice and deep, then the started to get borderline, by the second round they weren't deep enough.

I managed only 2 rounds.  The last OHS on the round of 15 took everything I had to keep from losing it behind me. And that was actually rep 14, I tried twice to get the 15th rep, but I wasn't happening.  Time was well past 10 minute and class was almost over, coach came over and said to end it after round 2. Which I gladly did.

Burpees were same as usual, and rope climbs were rough with wrecked shoulders.

But I still did 36 reps, most of which were actually deep enough, with lower heels.  Definitely progress, can't complain about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment