Tuesday 25 November 2014

Strength log for Tuesday, November 25th

Another successful workout on the books.

Started with physio homework, getting my right hip into the socket and hanging out there for a couple of minutes. 

Did some lazy push ups with a couple of 45# plates on my butt.

Added some bretzels and even got up into a wall facing handstand, trying to touch toes and nose.  Close, but not quite.

Did some ankle mobility work that Duane from the Y showed me. Kinda like this:

Then I had to decide what to do.

The only thing that made sense was bench.  I wasn't fresh enough for a press 1 rep max attempt, squats were yesterday.  I just finished the bench cycle, so I didn't need to go heavy.

Decided to try for max reps at 185#.   That didn't work out so well when I ran out of juice at 5.  Decided to salvage it by doing week 2 of the next strength cycle.  80% of my new max (230#) just happens to be 185#, so I did two more sets of 5 and called it a day.

Pretty stoked that I can hit 3 sets of 5 at 185#. 

No comments:

Post a Comment