Thursday 2 July 2015

Crossfit log for Thursday, July 2nd

Canada Day was spent moving my oldest child into his first apartment. So "deadlifts" mostly.

Then I spent the afternoon at Calypso water park with the little kids and Kiza until the rain came.  Up until that point, it was a blast.  According to the kids it was the "Best Day Ever".

Follow that up with a dog wake up (we are dog sitting), a Dexter wake up and a Delilah wake up, when my alarm went off at 4:50am, there was no way.

Dex slept in until 8:45! By the time I got everyone delivered and was on my way to the bus it was almost 10!

Hey wait, there's a Crossfit class at 10!  Change of plans, going to Crossfit before work.  Since I was technically on call yesterday, in case of cyber attacks, I have no qualms arriving late, and I'll work through lunch, since I clearly won't be going to the gym.

So we did a 500m row + 5 rope climbs for time to "warm up"

Finished in 5:08.  Lack of tape on the ropes made it hard to know when you were at the top.  I used the Force.

Dead lifts were the strength work and I was a little bit worried.  I pulled something last time and wasn't back to normal for several days. (That was 3x3 at 315#).

Today was 1 at 80%,  2 at 85% and 1 at 90%.  I felt that more recent deadlifts and pulls had gone well, pull moving day yesterday. So I decide to use my real 1 rep max to calculate the weights.   80% of 365# is 292#, so I did 295#, 85% is 310#, so I did 315#, and 90% is 329#, so I did 330#.

Went well. No issues.  Felt strong. I'm going to try and do some dead lifts at least once every other week to try and maintain.

The WOD was rough:

8 bloody rounds of:
- 16 air squats
- 8 toes to bar
- 4 power cleans 155#  (scaled wisely to 135#)


14:40 just wanted to beat Kamil who went 14:50ish but I don't know what he had on the bar (It was less than 155# but other than that I know nothing).

Toes to bar sucked so bad. Squats were fine.  Could've gone faster, but I needed to save some juice for the rest of the work, especially 8 rounds worth.

Cleans were okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment