Thursday 16 July 2015

Crossfit log for Thursday, July 16th

Took a hot Epsom salt bath last night with the jets blasting my wrist and my right hamstring.

It seems to have helped, hams weren't an issue today. The volume was the issue today.

When I looked at the WOD yesterday, there was nothing that my wrist couldn't handle, so I really couldn't justify not going, especially since I haven't been to the Y at all this week.

There was nothing particularly hard, except maybe the foods and the heavy kettle bell, but the was just a ton of stuff. 

The WOD is called "Beast 12". No idea why, maybe because there are 12 stations. It's a chipper for time:

- 25 Walking Lunges
- 20 Pull-ups
- 50 Box Jumps, 20"
- 20 Double Unders
- 25 Ring Dips
- 20 Knees To Elbows
- 30 Kettlebell Swings, 32kg
- 30 Sit-ups
- 20 Dumbbell Hang Squat Cleans, 35#
- 25 Back Extensions
- 30 Wall Balls, 20#
- 3 Rope Climbs, 15 ft

Took me 25:49, about a minute slower than Kamil, only 12 seconds behind Kyle. Martin, the ninja, finished it in an inhuman 17 minutes and change.

The dips are where things got real. Then the kb swings, which were heavy and 30 bloody reps.

The dumbbell cleans were also rough, even if there were only 20.

Climbing the rope after the wall balls wasn't fun until your heart rate came back down.

It wasn't too bad, all told.

No comments:

Post a Comment