Tuesday 7 July 2015

Olympic lifting log for Tuesday, July 7th

After this morning's miss at 125# with a really strong pull, I decide to do some snatch balance, to see how much I could stabilize overhead and give me the confidence to catch heavier than my current snatch PR (140#-145#)

After working up to 115# I started doing singles at 125#, 135# and 145#.

Finally decided to go big at 155#.

I caught it pretty high, but caught it very solidly.

I will need to work this more, because there is no way I'll be able to pull that kind of weight to get under it as high as I did, but that is the most I've ever put overhead in a snatch grip.

So I'm happy with that.

I should be able to catch a legit 145# soon. (without my knee touching the ground as my last 2 attempts, which I've still counted as my current PR)

No comments:

Post a Comment