Friday 3 July 2015

Crossfit log for Friday, July 3rd

I set my clock 15 minutes fast.  This helps me get out the door on time.

The key to the success of this strategy is that I genuinely forget that I've set it that way.

So when I fell asleep immediately after my alarm went off, and woke with a start at 5:18, jumping out of bed, hastily dressing and quickly descending the stairs, it was to discover that it was in fact 5:05am and I still had plenty of time to make my coffee (thank goodness for Keurig - yes I know I'm an environmental heathen, it's my guilty pleasure, sorry) and OJ with supplements and get to the gym before 5:30.

We did a variation of last weeks light squats and dumbbell press.

5 sets of 6 back squats at 50% of max, just like last week.  I did 155#.  Working with Kamil who did 135#, we just added and removed some 10s as the case dictated.

Then we did the dumbbell press. Last week I stuggled with 50# for 5 sets of 3, this week was 5 sets of 5, so 50# was not a likely choice, the next weight down is 35#,  so I started with that, which was too easy, so the second set I tried 50#, made 4 reps, couldn't get the fifth up.  Did 35# for the third set, and notice Mike was doing them with a bit of a split in his legs. Thought that might help, so I tried d50# again, with legs split.  Nope.  Got 3.  So I finished off with the 35# dumbbells and was happy with that mix.

The WOD was a partner gasser.  Worked with Kamil again.  Partner B rests while partner A works, then switch. Alternating full rounds for 16 minutes of:
- 100ft farmer carry with 24kg kettle bells
- 8 handstand push ups
- 8 box jump overs.

Farmer carry was a breeze.  Handstand push ups were to be fast and unbroken, scale accordingly, so I use 2 abmats, but round 3 I felt like that was too much scaling, so I shed 1 abmat, round 4 too, round 5 I struggled through 6 reps, and finally added the abmat back for the last 2 and kept it for round six.

Box jump overs I did sideways and was pretty quick.  We managed 12 rounds, so 6 each and Kamil did the farmer carry and 2 push ups. Not bad.

Heart rate was up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment