Tuesday 28 July 2015

Crossfit at the Y log for Tuesday, July 28th

Slept in this morning.

Clarisse decided to join me at the Downtown Y at lunch time.  When I looked at the workout from this morning, there was nothing we couldn't do at the Y. So we got in our Crossfit workout together.

Started with a 500m row and 45 hollow rocks.  Hurts so good.

Main workout was a 10 minute EMOM of squat snatch at 80% of max.

Clarisse wasn't happy because there are only men's bars at the Y. But she managed.

She did 65# and I did 115# (which meant slapping on and peeling off 25# plates each time. Wrist wasn't an issue.  I was catching them with a straighter wrist than usual, but it was working well, so be it.

I set the timer and she went at the start of the interval and I went at the 0:30 mark.

We did well.  She missed once, on the 8th round.

After that was supposed to be a 2km time trial, run or row (if it's raining).

I rowed which fell apart at the 700m mark.  She ran on the treadmill.  So real time trial to be had.

I blame the poor maintainence on the rower.  Or the humidity, everyone was dripping sweat down there today. Or maybe my blood count isn't back up to normal yet.  Anyway, 8:49 for a 2km row sucked.  Sucked bad.

I really like working out with Clarisse.  She's making tons of progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment