Thursday 9 July 2015

Olympic lifting log for Thursday, July 9th

Decided to work on cleans.

Since hitting a new PR on the power clean last weekend, matching my current squat clean, I figured it was time to retest my clean.

Worked up pretty fast with a small complex of clean+hang clean+clean at 95# and 135#.  Dropped the initial clean at 165# and 185#.

Was really slow on the pull at 185#, so I did that again just a 1 clean. Was so-so, faster then the first time anyway.

So I decided to get on with it and went straight to 205#, hoping to try for 215# afterwards. 

I committed to getting under the bar, but I was slow and caught it funny on my left wrist. 

I don't think it's bad, but I'll make an appointment with Rob right away, I suspect it will be worse in the morning once it's cooled off.

Damn it.

Did some strict press, just to feel it out, and it didn't impinge my movements, but it definitely didn't feel right.

Grrrr..

No comments:

Post a Comment