Monday 27 July 2015

Crossfit log for Monday, July 27th

Feels like I haven't worked out in ages.  Just a long busy weekend I guess.

Clarisse came with me again.  She's a trouper.

We started with 100 double unders and  30 dumbbell box step ups. Went okay.

Wasn't a fan of taxing my grip in the warm up knowing what was coming.

Strength work was 1 rep max back squat.  I was hoping to get up to 315# again, but I wasn't happening.

I made too big a jump I think from 275# to 305# and coach bailed me out too soon. I might have fought it up.  Tried a second time and made sure he gave me time, but it wasn't happening. Oh well, I hit 305# last week at the Y.  So I know I have it in me.  Maybe I'll try a double at like 295# or 300# later this week.

Clarisse fought hard to stand up 165#, a huge PR for her.  #proudpapa.

The WOD was DT.  5 rounds for time, 12 deadlifts, 9 hang power cleans, 6 push press. Rx is 155# for men, 105# for women.

I wanted to attack this one at 115# and try to beat my 12:08 from June 5th.  But it wasn't to be.  Dead lifts were fine, but the first clean in warm up and my wrist just said nope.

The shoulder to overhead was worse.  So I dropped it 105# (women's Rx) and tried that. It was a bit better.

First round, deadlifts: good, cleans: okay, presses: not fun but I composed myself and managed so slowly get the 6 reps done.

Round two, deadlifts: good, cleans: okay, until the last one, getting ready for the press I must have caught it differently knowing what was next, and a sharp pain shot through it. 

Coach came over and suggested doing dips instead of presses, so spare my wrist, and then it occured to me that I had no trouble with dumbbell presses, so I did that.  At first I grabbed 35# dumbbells, but that was too light.  In my mind 50# was too heavy, because the recent strict presses we've been doing, forgot that it was push press.  So immediately after round 2, I got out the 50# dumbbells which works out to 100# over head, not far off the barbell I was using.

The rest of the workout went well.  Finished in 11:28

After we did 1 min max muscle ups, did pull ups, 30 seconds rest, 1 minute max pistols, did air squats, 30 seconds rest, 1 minute handstand push ups, did paralette push ups.

Exhausted, sweat bucket.


No comments:

Post a Comment