Friday 17 July 2015

Crossfit log for Friday, July 17th

Looks like I failed to publish this one.

Another workout with Clarisse at 5:30am

We started with one of these new warm up sets of 500m row and 50 strict push ups.  After about 20 reps, he said, by strict they mean only chest touches the ground at the bottom, no hips, no abs, no hand release.

I put my hands on the edge of a 10# plate so my wrist wasn't bend so far back.

After about 30 reps, coach called time to start the next part.

Strength work.  Back squats, my favourite.  5 sets of 6 at 55%.  Clarisse did 75# I did 175#.  I worked with Kamil, who was doing 145#, so added and removed two 15# bumpers as needed.

The WOD was an insidious little piece of work. It was a 20 minute AMRAP of:

2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16-18-.....
- One Arm Dumbbell Snatch (Alternating) 70#/50#
- Pull-ups
- Row for calories

Did women's weight for the snatches.  Went well.  Switched hands on the way down for some touch and go action.

Pull ups were good too, went unbroken every round until 16, where I stopped at 10, and finished with sad 3 and 3.

Rowing for calories sucks, no matter what. 

Got hard at the round of 12, then it was hold on for dear life and just keep moving.

Finished 7 rounds + 32 (16 dumbbell snatches and 16 pull ups)

Not too shabby.

Clarisse scaled the dumbbell to 25# and made 8 rounds + 18 snatches and 9 pull ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment