Monday 13 July 2015

Crossfit log for Monday, July 13th

First workout post wrist injury.

It's feeling much better than Friday, but it still has a ways to go.

We thankfully started with back squats.  No wrist involvment.

Did 5 sets of 5 at 77% a few pounds more than my usual 75% for that rep scheme, so I was a nice challenge.

I took the time to work up to a heavy single at 275# before peeling back to 245# for the working sets.  Made the first set easier, but the last set harder, much harder.

Part two was strict press 5x5 at 80%. Chose 110# as my target weight. Taped up the wrist good and tight and worked up uncomfortably to 95# for 3.  Did one sets at 110#, but it wasn't fun.  When I set up for set 2, it was just too tender, so I bailed and dropped to 105#.  Still wasn't happening.

We were running low on time anyway, since I did that heavy squat during warm up, so I just bailed.

The WOD was actually okay on my wrist (which I kept wrapped), although I couldn't do the legless rope climbs.

10 min AMRAP of:
- 1 legless rope climb (scaled to regular rope climb)
- 15 wall balls  20#
- 12 box jump overs 24"

Rope climb was fine. Two pulls each time.

Wall balls I was worried about my wrist, but it was fine.  When I catch them, my wrist is almost completely straight, so there was no pain at all.

The box jumps were rough, especially the first round, I just couldn't get going with the lateral rebounds.  Rounds 2 and 3 were much better/faster, round 4 I was running out of gas.

Managed a fifth rope climb seconds before the buzzer, so 4 rounds + 1.

We didn't have time to the 50 handstand push ups, which I wouldn't have been able to do anyway, althought I thought about using more abmats and the parallettes to keep my wrist straight, but I didn't come to that because we were out of time.




No comments:

Post a Comment