Friday 27 February 2015

Crossfit log for Friday, February 27th

The 2015 Crossfit Open has begun.

15.1 was announced last night and gearing up for tomorrows attempt we did an easier version today, to get the muscle patterns and to get a feel for how it's going to go tomorrow.

We did 4 round of
- 9 toes to bar
- 6 dead lifts
- 3 snatches
- rest 2 minutes

using the weight you plan to use tomorrow, since I'm doing Rx for every workout I can, I used 115#, between the 3rd and 4th round there was no rest, to get the full experience of going back to the t2b right after the snatches. (sucked).

The snatches were harder than I expected.  115# is just too heavy to do them easily.

Thankfully, on coach Alex's recommendation I checked to see if split snatch is acceptable and it is.  So that's good news for tomorrow.

It took me 10:12 to do the 4 rounds, so I think my game plan will be go for 5 rounds, on 0:30 - 0:45 rest between rounds.  If the snatches go better with the split, the toes to bar will quickly become the limiter. 

I'll have to dig deep.

We finished off the day with 1000m row at conversational pace, rest 4 minutes and repeat.

So 2000m of rowing over the span of 12 minutes to flush things out. 

Feeling good. Tomorrow should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment