Monday 9 February 2015

Strength log for Monday, February 9th

Today I found out why they don't allow velco weight belts in powerlifting competition.

I worked up to a heavy front squat, was at 255# planning to go for 275# pr attempt when my belt popped off at the bottom and I had bail. 

I wasn't very happy, but thought it was a fluke or I hadn't tied it properly.

I decided today wasn't the day to PR and peeled back to do 3 sets of 5 at 80% (215#). 

First set, third rep, belt popped off again. This time I didn't bail and managed to stand it up.  I was really unhappy at this point.

Went and borrowed the leather belt from the Y front desk, which is either too loose or too tight.  But manged to get my 3 sets of 5 in, starting over, got an extra three reps in.

After that, I set up the rings and the band and did some muscle up progressions: pull ups with false grip as high as I could. 

Needs a lot of work, but it's a start.


No comments:

Post a Comment