Friday 20 February 2015

Strength work for Friday, February 20th

Did some overhead squat work.

After yesterdays breakthrough lift and a massage at noon into my armpits and surrounding shoulder tissue I though it would be interesting to see what I could muster.

The goal wasn't to go heavy, but to sit in the bottom and work the position.

Empty bar went really well, so did 65#, and 95#.

At 115# it got harder as it was, well, heavier, and my shoulders were getting fatigued.

I was able to get really deep.  Deeper than my lifts yesterday, but obviously not as heavy.

After that I did some work on my pistols, using a low bench.  Not having much success, when Duane came along to give me some pointers.

We did some floor exercises and found some really sticky spots for me to work.

I'll try them out this weekend and report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment