Wednesday 4 February 2015

Strength log for Wednesday, February 4th

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Back squat day.

Working the plan.  Work up to 1 heavy single, then week 2 rep work (3 sets of 5 at 80%, 235#)

275# went up pretty easy.  So I decided to go for my current PR, 295# which I haven't hit since September.  Stopped me in my tracks halfway up, and for a moment I considered the possibility that I might not make it. But I just kept pushing and started to move again, then I was up.

Sweet.

Then I peeled off to 235# and did my 3 sets of 5 without issue.

After that I did 3 sets of 3 muscle up transitions with my toes on a bench behind me. 

I need to keep doing this until my hands are used to it.  It's harder on my hands than my shoulders, which I won't make progress until it's the other way around.

Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment