Tuesday 3 February 2015

Crossfit log for Tuesday, February 3rd

Two days in a row for February, already tied my January record for consecutive workout days.  In fact I only have 18 log entries for January, a month with 31 days.  I haven't had such a low volume month since 2013.

Need to keep this streak going.

Started with the new concept called the primer.

3 min AMRAP of work related to the Open workout.  We were doing 14.2: overhead squats and chest to bar pull ups, so the primer was:

3:00 AMRAP
- 5 squat snatches
- 4 burpee pull ups

It really sucked during, but it also really helped for the WOD.

Open Workout 14.2 
In 3 minutes perform 2 rounds of
- 10 overhead squats @ 95#
- 10 chest to bar pull ups.
At the end of 3:00 if you have finished the 2 rounds you have 3 minutes to do 2 rounds of
- 12 overhead squats @ 95#
- 12 chest to bar pull ups

keep adding 2 reps per 3:00 successfully completed.  If you finish before the 3:00, rest until the 3:00 is up.

Last time I got 23 reps at Rx then switched to the scaled option on that day (front squats and regular pull ups for an additional 27 reps).

Today, I was focused on beating my previous best, which I misread and thought I had to beat 27, not 23. 

Did that and more, made it to 33!  Two solid rounds of 10 OHS at 95#! Pretty stoked.  The second time at the pull up bar, my first rep was nowhere near chest to bar!  I had to laugh. Managed to get 3 slow and difficult reps.

I peeled off weight and tried to hit some OHS at 75#, so focused on beating my previous, I hadn't formulated a plan for scaling the second 3:00. So after 3 failed attempts at an OHS at 75# I just stopped.

Really I'm happy with my score. 10 rep PR.  OHS have come a long long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment