Monday 23 February 2015

Crossfit log for Monday, February 23rd

Didn't want to get out of bed, but as usual once I was there I was glad I did.

Started with an exhausting EMOM of 5 squat cleans plus 3 jerks at 50% - 60% of clean and jerk max.

I opted for just under 50% at 95# and had two 10# plates on stand by if I felt good.

They weren't needed.  First round I was systematic but not fast, which left me only 20 seconds of rest. 

Next round I picked it up as much as I could and bought myself an extra 10 seconds.

Third round after I finished I ran to blow my nose.  Fourth round I was completely out of breath.

5th round I think I did on jerk.  6th I stopped at 4 cleans. 7th I did 4 cleans but did the jerks. I think I did the 9th and 10 complete, but I don't remember the 8th at all.

Then we did 3 sets of 5 back squats at 70%, again I rounded down t 205# from 210#.  Only 3 sets of 5 was a breeze at that weight.

Then the WOD: 10 minute AMRAP of:
- 15 power cleans 95# (scaled to 75#)
- 12 pistols / 15 air squats  (did the air squats)
- 9 toes to bar


Almost made 4 rounds.  The cleans got really hard at the end, but the t2b are what killed me.


No comments:

Post a Comment