Thursday 5 February 2015

Crossfit log for Thursday, February 5th

I'm really getting delinquent on posting my logs lately!

Thankfully only a day late, I still remember the details of yesterday's workout.

Started with 4 sets of 5 heavy front squats vs strict handstand push ups(or harder than usual scaling) for max total reps over 4 rounds.

I knew I was doing strict press at noon, so I kinda went soft on the hspu.

Warming up the squats I decided to do a couple of presses to warm up the shoulders for the hspu.   The girls were looking at me like "did we miss something on the board, there's no pressing in the workout".  I had to explain myself, right before bashing my nose with the bar on the way up! Ouch.

Settle on 75% of max aka 198#.  Did the first set at 185#, and tried a strict hspu with an ABMAT, wasn't happening, so I did a couple kipping and moved on.

The upped it to 195#, where I had planned to stay, but everyone else was adding weight. (and by everyone else I mean one guy). So after 1 or 2 half-assed hspu I moved up to 205# and then 215#

215# was rough.  Got through 4 reps okay, but the fifth wasn't getting past halfway.  Bailed.  Still good work.

The WOD was not fun. But good.

5 rounds for time:
- 3:00 AMRAP
--- 3 power cleans 155#   (wisely scaled to 135#)
--- 6 hand release push ups
--- 9 air squats
- 1:00 rest

First two round I went pretty hard, touch and go cleans, fast squats.  Got just over 3 rounds.  Round 3 I had little left and 2 more rounds to go.  I think I got through 2 rounds and 2.

Picked it up a bit for the last 2 rounds 2+12 and 2+11 for a total 245 reps.


No comments:

Post a Comment