Tuesday 17 February 2015

Strength log for Tuesday, February 17th

So missing Crossfit isn't the answer.

Maybe that morning bun I had yesterday is the key. 

Today's workout wasn't a resounding success like yesterday. 

My last to really good squat days started with a decidedly non-paleo morning bun from Bridgehead, a spiral of artificially induced happiness that only pure sugar (and apparently cocaine) can provide.

In any event, my strict press needs work.

I worked up to a heavy single.  Maxing out at only 135#, 140# was a no-go.

Peeled back to 130# (90% of max) for 3 sets of 3 and set two was a set of two.

So I peeled back more, to 125# for the last set and was able to fight my way to 3 reps.

Not happy with this, but it is what it is.  Maybe start calculating my weights based on 140# instead of 145#.  We'll see.

Done.  Did some muscle up progression work and  a bit of pistol work.

No comments:

Post a Comment