Wednesday 25 February 2015

Strength log for Wednesday, February 25th

I'm a little bit disappointed that my overhead work isn't progressing like my squat work is.

I'll be winding down my strength work cycle shortly when I hit my squat goal of 315# (hopefully next Monday) but I'll be well short of the goal I had set myself for strict press of 165#

I don't know why I chose 165#, I guess it sounded like a good solid number. The squat made sense, 3 plates, but 165#?  I doubt I'll ever know.

The most I ever hit was 145#, and I haven't been able to reproduce that since last September. The day first got it on September 9th, I got it twice and once more 20 days later. 

Today I couldn't even put 140# over my head.  I even revised my goal going in from 3x3 @ 125# to 120#, and it was a good thing I did.

I need to back through my logs and see what I did leading up to that PR.


No comments:

Post a Comment