Monday 2 March 2015

Crossfit log for Saturday, February 28th - Open WOD 15.1

Spent the day at the box watching the entire community throw down for 15.1

Nerves building minute by minute.

I was in heat 9 of 11 going about every half hour.  So it was a long day.

I ended up having to go to the corner store to get some calories.

I watched Clarisse do her workout.  She did amazingly.  I can't remember how many rounds she went for the first part, but she clean and jerked 95#!

Then I watched Kiza, I think she got 3 rounds + 8 reps. And clean and jerked 127# (I think a PR or within 3#).

Kiza was in heat 5.  So I still had too much time left.

Finally heat 8 starts so I begin my warm up. Kamil is in the same heat so we work together, I even gave him some gatoraid for some quick liquid calories as he too underestimate how long we'd be waiting before the workout.

So 15.1 is in two parts, first 9:00 AMRAP of:
- 15 toes to bar
- 10 dead lifts  115#
- 5 snatches 115#
immediately followed by 6:00 to establish
- 1 rep max clean and jerk

I completely screwed up my plan for this workout.  Not that I would've done much better if I hadn't but my mental place was one of confusion and frustration as a result.

My estimates were based on the practice WOD from Friday, but I had completely discarded the fact that we did fewer reps (9-6-3 intead of 15-10-5).  Having done 4 rounds in 10:12 with 2 minutes rest, I felt confident I could do 4 rounds with lest rest. Didn't account for more reps. 

Then I miscalculated my  plates for the second part.   I wanted to do 3 lifts. 175# which I knew I could do.  195# which I thought I could do and 215# which I hoped I could do.

But adding two 25# plates to 115# doesn't make 175#, so I had to add 5# but then I only had one set of 10# plates which got me to 195# but then I was out of plates I didn't even have enough for 205# (my current PR), Julie, my judge ran to get some plates, coming back with 2.5#  for 200#, I gave it a try but ran out of time after failing the clean the first attempt. Oh well.

The snatches were hard but the toes to bar were my limiter.

Managed 3 rounds a 1 toes to bar for 91 and 195# clean and jerk.

I'm still satisfied with my score, but it was frustrating nonetheless

Tempted to try the scaled version to see what I could muster.

No comments:

Post a Comment