Tuesday 10 March 2015

Crossfit log for Tuesday, March 10th

We started with snatch grip dead lifts at 130% of max, I did 185#.  Didn't have straps so hook grip sucked on the thumbs. Gotta get used to it I guess.

Once again we revisited the 50s workout (reduce to 25s for us mortals). Last time I did this was November 27th and May 20th

Last time I knew I had scaled it, so I did the same this time. Except the WOD was already at what I'd scaled it to last time, so I ended up scaling even further . I remembered that last time Coach went on about how Games athletes were doing Rx, so scale appropriately.  So last time the board said 185#, so I scaled to 155#. This time they must've taken this into account, because the board said 155#,  so again being the smart person I am, I went with 135#.  So now I can't really compare with either previous performances. Gah!

Chipper for time:
-50 calorie row
-25 over the box jumps
-25 dead lifts  155#  (stupidly scaled to 135#)
-25 wall balls 20# ball
-25 ring dips
-25 wall balls
-25 dead lifts
-25 over the box jumps

Row sucked because my rower decided to stop counting calories at 22, played with the controls and got going again up to 41, someone just finished so I switched rowers for 9 calories.  Oh well.

Box jumps went really well, I've got the bounce back down to a science.  Dead lifts were fine, they were only 135#!  Wall balls weren't bad.  Dips went well, set the rings high so I could kip, and did 5 sets of 5.

The way back was harder, but you know, you just do the work.

Finished in 19:14   now I'm left to wonder what an extra 20# on the deadlifts would've cost me.  Last time was 21:36, but the box jumps sucked and I had a harder time on the dips.  I guess I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment