Monday 9 March 2015

Running log for Monday, March 9th

Does that say "running log"?

Ugh.  Today is the first day of my new training regimen: 15 minute run.

Wow.  That was a lot of suck.

In order to get ready for the high intensity coming my way with these run workouts, my plan is to run the prescribed length of time for each workout at a moderate pace, until I find my running legs again.

Starting running sucks.  I haven't run since the Wellness challenge 5km that turned in to 9km. And before that I ran for 10 minutes on  March 17th and 15 minutes on March 10th. Add to that the 9km I ran with my buddy Mark on January 26th of LAST YEAR, I haven't done a whole lot of running since Goofy in January 2013.

I know it'll get better, it doesn't take long for the body to adapt.  The mental aspect will be harder I suspect. 

So today I ran for 15 minutes at 7.0mph which it turns out to be  5:20/km.

Happy with that.  Wednesday I'll do 30 minutes.  And Friday, 45 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment