Sunday 8 March 2015

Crossfit log for Saturday, March 7th - Open WOD 15.2

Crossfit Open 15.2

It is the same as Open Workout 14.2
In 3 minutes perform 2 rounds of
- 10 overhead squats @ 95#
- 10 chest to bar pull ups.
At the end of 3:00 if you have finished the 2 rounds you have 3 minutes to do 2 rounds of
- 12 overhead squats @ 95#
- 12 chest to bar pull ups

keep adding 2 reps per 3:00 successfully completed.  If you finish before the 3:00, rest until the 3:00 is up.

My goal for this was petty simple, get through two rounds before the 3:00 cap.

I started my warm up at home.  Stretched my back, hips and shoulders before we left.

We got there early this time, I watch Clarisse go in heat 2 and I was booked in heat 3.  I warmed up a bit more, practised some overhead squats and a few pull ups. I used some homemade grips, which I didn't really notice.  I guess that means they worked, I didn't notice my hands. They were really comfortable on the overhead squat.

So then it was my turn.  Kiza was my judge.

After stabilizing in the overhead position, I did my 10 overhead squats unbroken.  Got to the pull up bar and chained 3 chest to bars (a record I think) and did 2 more before letting go.

My plan was get through the first round as quickly as possible and then fight for the rest of the 3 minutes to try and finish round 2.

I miss read the clock after I finished the first round I thought I gone over a minute 30, but I had 1:40 left not 1:20.  So I got back to the bar and quickly did another 10 overhead squats. Got back to the bar and started doing chest to bars I had one left with 7 seconds to go, jumped up and finished the round with 5 seconds to spare.

Coach Isabelle nearly lost her shit when she saw me doing overhead squats.

Having met my goal, I had really no plan for the next 3 minutes.  I caught my breath for a good 30 seconds before trying more overhead squats, I did 4, then 3 then 3 then 2.  Leaving me only a few seconds to get 2 chest to bar pull ups.

Last year I fought for 3 minutes to get 3 overhead squats.

This year I met my goal of getting through the first 3 minutes: 2 rounds of 10 overhead squats and 10 chest to bar pull ups, with 5 seconds to spare. Followed that up with another 12 overhead squats and 2 chest to bar for a total of 54 reps, including 32 overhead squats. I still can't believe it.

What a difference a year can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment