Thursday 5 March 2015

Crossfit log for Thursday, March 5th

Once again I was glad I went despite not wanting to get out of bed this morning.

We started with a hang clean front squat complex of

2 hang squat clean + 2 front squats  on 2:00 rest

Did 155#, 165#, 185#, 185#

155# felt light.  165# too, but the second clean was harder than the first.

So I went big with 185# and managed quite well.  Coach Connor was impressed with my pull, so that made me happy since it's been the weak link in my clean.

Second clean was not so nice, so on the final set I really focused on the second rep making sure I had a good pull and got under it quickly.  It was really good.  Coach even said so.

The WOD was a 12 min AMRAP:
- 30 double unders
- 15 push press 115#/75#  (did 95#)
- 12 front squats same weight
- 9 dead lifts same weight
- 7 muscle ups (scaled to ring dips)

double under went surprisingly well,  second round a had more than a few false starts but but managed it in 3 sets of around 10.

Going back to the bar after the ring dips was rough.  My first round was stellar, I was ahead of everyone, but the other caught up during round 2.

Round three was really rough.  DUs went okay, push press was torture.  Front squat took 3 sets (2 right off the last push press, plus 2 sets of 5).  Got one dead lift at the buzzer.

So 2 rounds + 58 reps.  Happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment