Friday 13 March 2015

Power log for Friday, March 13th

Grrrr.

I postponed my 45min run to Monday, after the Open and with a few extra recovery days.  My calves and achilles are still sore and the last thing I need is an injury.

This is still the acclimation phase, so it's no big deal really.  Thing will find their groove once the Open is over.

Sadly, my alternate plan was foiled by someone hogging the rack.

My plan was to do jerks from the rack, but the one rack I can do overhead with was taken by "long workout guy".  I shouldn't complain, I've had long workouts on the rack myself, but I'm always on the lookout for anyone wanting to use it and offer to work together.

Anyway, I still wanted to do some jerk work, so I set up on the floor and just had to clean the weight first.

Did a 1 clean + 3 jerks complex at 95# for a couple of sets, then up to 135#.

Switched to 1 clean+2jerks at 155# for 2 sets and 185# for a set.  This was as heavy as I dared to go.  It was getting hard to put the weight down gently, since I wasn't on the platform, dropping would shake the entire floor, and the yogis really don't like that.

Gave up the multiple jerks at that point and did a couple of clean and jerk at 185# for good measure.

As I was packing up, the rack freed up. So I decided to set up and try for heavier.  Didn't go so well, I guess I was fatigued.  Wasn't happy.  If I'd started from the rack it would've been a different story.

Maybe next time I'll go later.

No comments:

Post a Comment