Monday 16 March 2015

Running log for Monday, March 16th

Well that sucked.  I didn't even make it the full 45 minutes.  Bailed at 35.

Was it 15.3 and all the wall balls?  Was it increasing running time too quickly?  Is treadmill running harder on the calves and achilles than outdoor?

I don't know.  But even with slowing down to a pedestrian 6:13/km I still needed a walk break at 10 minutes.  My right calve was ridiculously tight, and my foot started to feel numb.  So much so that at 26 minutes I stopped to loosen my shoe and stretch out my calves.

So afterwards I stretched the crap out of my calves and achilles and sat in the steam room for a while.

Plan going forward, well keep going forward.  Wednesday's plan was to cycle back to workout #1, 15 minutes.  I'll do that, then Friday 30min and see how next Monday goes.

I'll take at least 4 to 6 weeks to get back up to running comfortably again, there is no rush. 

Once I'm comfortable I'll integrate the intensity slowly, over the span of 3 or 4 weeks.

Rest time.  Maybe even take tomorrow morning off Crossfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment