Saturday 14 March 2015

Crossfit log for Saturday, March 14th - Open WOD 15.3

15.3 was a bit of a slap in the face to the vast majority of the Crossfit community.

Anyone who cannot do a muscle up.  Thanks the scaled division and scaled versions of the workouts, for the first time the put muscle ups at the beginning of the workout.

The scale version offered no challenge whatsoever.

The WOD was a 14 minute AMRAP
Rx:
7 muscle ups
50 wall balls shots
100 double unders

Scaled:
50 wall ball shots
200 skips.

Lame.

I was under the delusion that I could get my first muscle up today.  I tried some ring muscle ups in warm up and came within centimetres of getting my first bar muscle up. But, with each attempt I got further and further from the desired outcome. I came to the conclusion that I was lying to myself and accepted that there would be no Rx score of 1 for me today.

Once I accepted that I would be doing scaled, the workout was far more interesting. It was a pure cardio workout. Heart rate through the roof from the get go.

I managed 3 rounds plus 50 wall balls and 44 skips.  That was what I had in me today. I hope never to do it again, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment