Sunday 31 May 2015

Crossfit log for Friday, May 29th

With only one other Crossfit workout this week, there was no way I was missing this one.  I had done some solid lifting and a successful run, but not nearly enough Crossfit.

Showed up on time and did some bretzels to get things going.

We started with 5 singles of power snatch at 80-85% of max snatch followed by 5 singles of power cleans at 80-85% of max clean.

I aimed for 115# on the power snatches and 175# on the power cleans.

My weight is forward on the snatches, I'll have to work on that at a lighter weight.  Cleans were good. I like full cleans better than power cleans.

We spent a good 35 minutes on the lifting, taking long breaks between lifts. Looking forward to the Olympic lifting classes starting next Monday.

The WOD was a short couplet for 3 rounds:
- 15 lateral over bar burpees
- 15 power snatch @ 115#/75#

I decided to use women's Rx.  I think it gave me the intended stimulus.

Finished first for once, 10 minutes flat.  Didn't stick to my game plan of breaking everything at 5 reps even when I felt strong in the first round, might have been faster if I had.  Autopilot kicked in and I was at 10 burpees before I realized I'd gone past 5, same on the power snatch, go to 7 by the time I realized.  After that first round screw up I was on plan, but the burpees had taken their toll.

I was nice to be in the mix for once. But part of me think I should have put 95# on the bar instead of 75#.

No comments:

Post a Comment