Monday 11 May 2015

Running log for Monday, May 11th

Crossfit this morning, Olympic lifting this evening, what to do at noon?

Why not go for a run in the chilly drizzle?

5km done.  No calf issues. 

Power was fine, stamina was good (better than expected), had plenty of drive right to the end.

The engine needs work. But that's the easiest part, just requires time and patience.

Quads were a bit unhappy, unaccustomed to absorbing so much impact, but aside from that an being winded on a 5km, I'm pretty happy with that.

Rolled the crap out of my calves afterwards. Hope that helps keep me healthy.

Gmap route.

Had to stop 3 bloody times to tie my shoe within the first kilometre (put new, longer laces on them upon arrival back at the Y, glad I had a spare set).  Also stopped at a water fountain for a sip and walked about 20m at the turn around.

All that to justify the nearly 40 minutes I took.  I don't have the exact time, as I had no watch and relies on the Y staff to give me the correct time at departure and upon arrival.  Subtracted 2 minutes for the time it took to get out side and back in.  Still I was definitely more than 35 minutes.

No matter. I'm still happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment