Thursday 28 May 2015

Strength log for Thusday, May 28th

Was so tired this morning, and still sore from the run that I bailed on Crossfit.  Kinda regret it, but kinda not.

Will definitely go tomorrow.

To add insult to injury, I totally forgot my lifting bag at home.  So with no lifting shoes, no belt, no knee sleeves or chalk, I was pretty miffed on the way in.

I thought hard, since I wasn't prepare to go back for the bag, and figured I could do deadlifts; no need for shoes and I had a block of chalk in my at work Y bag, plus I could borrow the leather buckle belt at the Y. 

And I could to my push press negatives, regular shoes would be fine, wouldn't need a belt at that weight and I even had a wrist wrap in my Y bag.

So with that plan in hand, I headed to the Y.

Deadlifts were okay.  Made 345# without problem. (I did 4 reps on the 11th). Should have tried 355#, but naturally I wanted to match my PR, but at 365# it wouldn't budge.  Walked away for a few and tried again, same deal. Hrumph. Not sure what to make of that.

Switched to presses.  Rushed a bit, as it was getting late.  Did 3 sets of triples at 135#.

Push press up, slow and controlled back down, short breaths from the diaphragm. I'll do two more workouts like this next week, then try a cycle of strict press to see if I can beat 145#.  Hope so.




No comments:

Post a Comment