Monday 25 May 2015

Strength log for Thursday, May 21st

Calves still felt tight.  But at least now the left felt the same as the right, both at 95% or more of normal, and my arms were toast from yesterday's negatives and overhead work in the WOD.

So I decide to do some good old fashioned back squats.

I wanted to test out my new knee sleeves (like these):

So I warmed up with the bar and 95#, 135#, 185#, 225# and 275#. Going down in reps as I went.  275# went up really well.  I was really glad it did, last time I tried was just after my bronchitis and I had to fight for a double at 275#.

285# went up nicely too.  So decision time.  Go for 295#, or go big for 305#.  Decided to go big (naturally) and wasn't disappointed. 

305#, when up without hesitation.  It was hard, but I didn't get stuck at all.  Probably could've gone heavier but I was happy with that. 

So I peel off to 275# and did 2 doubles.   Solid workout.  Very happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment