Monday 4 May 2015

Crossfit log for Monday, May 4th

Argh!!!!!

My right calf held out nicely during the run portion of today's WOD.  The calf knot issue however, seems to have migrated to my left calf!  Grrr.


No barbells today.  Did some Bretzels and lazy push ups and rolled my calf with a foam roller and under my foot with a lacrosse ball.

We started with an untimed warmup workout 3 rounds for time:

- Row, 150 m 
- 12 Box Jumps 
- Max Effort Strict Pull Up

Liked this.  Row was nice and short, less than a dozen pulls, box jumps were fine. No issue with my calves on the bounce back. Pull ups, I did 5 reps per round.  Happy with that.


WOD was 5 rounds for time of: 
- 15 Kettlebell Swings, 32kg   (did women's 24kg)
- 15 Push Up (Deficit, on 25# plates) 
- Run, 400 m

I think this is the first time I've done a main site WOD on the same day it's posted.

I'm not a big fan of push ups.  First 2 rounds of the run were fine.  Took the first one easy, ran with Justin as he wasn't sure of the route.  Since my right calf seemed normal and pain free, I took the next one a bit faster. 

On the third round the same pain I had in the right calf manifested in the left, I was reduced to either walking or pulling a Terry Fox. 

Decided to do the last 2 rounds on the rower instead of running. 

Finished just under 26 minutes!  It was rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment