Tuesday 19 May 2015

Running log for Tuesay, May 19th

Did the same 5km route as last week, with the exception of running on the edge of the canal where there was more shade as I had no sun screen. This time I had a watch, and functional shoe laces on my racing flats. There would be no stopping to tie my shoes and I'd have an accurate time that didn't require a clock.

This time it was hot and muggy, unlike last week's pleasant overcast and cool  weather.

My goal was to be around 30 minutes.  So aimed for the turn around in under 15.

Stopped once for water at 3:00 and arrived at the turn around at almost exactly 14:00.

At 16:00 I felt that familiar twinge in my left calf (right hasn't bothered me since).   I was not happy.

I walked for 2 or 3 minutes until I got to the water fountain, drank, and stretched and massaged my calf at the park bench, then started running again.

It felt okay, but not stellar.  Ran for about 5 minutes, then walked again at the stairs down to the edge of the canal. Ran again and stopped one last time before the stairs up to Major's Hill park.  One last stop at the water fountain.

16:45 to get back for a total of 30:45.  Better than last week, despite the relapse of the calf thing.

I had planned to do some push press afterward, but opted to roll the calf instead.

Stretched a bit in the steam room, then back to work.

Mixed feelings about it.  I'll take the rest of the week off running and roll it everyday.  I'll go back to my Ronins with the extra cussion  (9mm instead of 4mm) and see how it goes next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment