Wednesday 20 May 2015

Crossfit at the Y log for Wednesday, May 20th

Since I was tired, and my calf was still bugging me, I decide to sleep in and bail on Crossfit this morning.  My calf is much better today, but not completely gone as before on the day after.  Probably because I continued to run on it yesterday.

I looked up the workout on the bus on my way into work and found that it was actually doable at the Y.  So I figured, why not?

I did substitute the strength work since I wanted to work my overhead strength rather than snatch as prescribed.

So I did 3 sets of 5 push press with negatives at 115#.

Holy crap this was hard.  I wanted to go 5 sets but after two, I knew there was no way.  I'll the the math to program my usual 6 week plan. 

It'll be good in the long run for sure.

The WOD was a 7 minute AMRAP of:
- 6 hang power snatch at 115# (scaled to 95#)
- 9 push jerks
- 12 box jumps

I was worried about my calf, but turns out it wasn't an issue.  First round I hammered, and then I was dead.  Second round was slower, with more breaks,  I had to break up the jerks, 4 and 5.   The third round I broke up the snatches 4 and 2 and the jerks 5 and 4, hammered the box jumps and finished round 3 at the buzzer.

Happy with that.

I also did the post WOD torture of 5 rounds for time of :
- 10 calorie row
- 10 toes to bar

Brought the rower over by the racks to the surprise of many which was fun.

First round was good.  Second round not so good, made to 6 t2b before dropping.  Stabilized after that.  Finished in 11:08

It was neat to push myself like that at the Y.  Felt good to give everyone a real taste of Crossfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment