Friday 15 May 2015

Crossfit log for Thursday, May 14th

Once again, with Kiza out of town I only had 2 Crossfit workouts this week, and with Delilah sick one day and class trip the next, I got no YMCA work done either, other than my 5km run on Monday and mobility session Tuesday.

Also, a repeat from last week, Clarisse signed up with no one but me to give her a ride, so I registered for class and packed up the kids with their LeapPads and headed to the box.

Started with 3 rep max push press.
Worked with Maks, who is slightly stronger overhead than I am .

We targetted 185#, in my mind I might even try 195#. 

Considering 185# is my 1 rep max, this was foolish.

Everything went well during the warm up, but after Maks hit his triple at 185# I really wanted to try 195#, but decided to stick with the bar as it was.  Anything else would've just been an ego trip.

Good call, first one was rough, second one I gave so much hip trust I hard had to lift it but the third one I didn't give enough and couldn't lock it out.  Frank said wait 3 full minute and try again.

Which I did, and tried to be more consistent with the thrusts and it worked.  The last one was a bit of a fight to lock out but I got it. Fhew!

Clarisse wasn't taking direction well from Frank, since she was working Sawyer, who she doesn't know very well, I think her ego was bruised a bit.  She was jerking instead of push pressing.   Eventually she worked on her own and seemed to get it, but ran out of time before hitting near her limit.


Then the WOD wasn't a partner WOD this time, so we were on our own
to complete as many rounds as possible in 12 mins of:

- 25 Wall Balls
- 10 Push Press, 115/75 lbs
- 5 Front Squats
- 15 Deadlifts
- 10 Burpees

Was racing against Maks.  Had to yell at the kids to stay in their area a couple of times at the beginning, which threw me off a bit.

Burpees sucked the life out of me.

I was way faster on the wall balls, but he was faster on the push press.  I noticed that he wasn't breaking parallel on the wall balls or front squats, so despite his score being 2 reps more than me, I still consider it a victory for me.  :P

The cashout was 30 strict pull ups, which I did 20 (as did Maks) doing 5, 5, 4, 2, 3, 1.  Ugh.

Clarisse did 15 with the blue band and the last 5 with the tiny red band.  Pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment