Tuesday 26 May 2015

Strength log for Monday, May 25th

There was no Crossfit classes this morning, and with no real workouts since Thursday, I wanted to make today's session at lunch count.

I was going to just to overhead work, but lengthy-workout-guy was on the rig, so I decided to make the best of it and hopped on the rower for a little warm up.

He was still going, so I decide to do some front squats on the other rack while I waited.

This was a good idea as I hit my current PR of 275# without issue. Loving my Rock Tape knee sleeves!

Finally the rack was free, so I started warming up push press, with negatives, so lowering the bar slowly under control. Supposed to help build strength for the strict press.  We'll see.

Did 3x5 at 115# last week so this week's plan was 5x3 at  125#.  Got some advice on breathing during the eccentric part, because I was exhausting myself trying to lower slowly on one breath.  Once I got the quick breaths from the abdomen figured out it went way better. 

Not used to sweating so much at the Y.  Good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment