Wednesday 27 May 2015

Running log for Wednesday, May 27th

After a long weekend out of town, on my butt either in the car or in the stadium, for the Crossfit Games East Regional in Hartford, a really heavy strength day on Monday, and a miserable Crossfit workout Tuesday morning, today I opted for a run, outside.

It was hot and muggy, but mostly overcast. Only when the sun peeked out through the clouds did it get completely unpleasant.

I did my same 5km route as the last two times.  Wore my Ronins (with new laces, which ironically came undone on the way back, argh)! Didn't stop on the way out.  Made it to the halfway point in 14:05.  One the way back I stopped briefly to re-tie my shoe and a quick water stop at the fountain.

Finished 29:34.  First time under 30 minutes.

More importantly, no calf issues.  I rolled them with the foam roller before leaving which may have helped, but I think I'll be using the Ronins exclusively for the next little while.

Happy with that.  I'll do this a few more times, and maybe throw in a longer slower weekend run or two, before starting my training plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment